Thursday, December 01, 2005

Router


One of the things I missed out on in childhood was woodshop class. Even though my father taught some of the high school woodshop classes -- and don't I miss his skills now! -- I was too busy with all those honors science, math and English classes to learn some practical skills. So now, 24 years later, I get to find out what I missed all those years ago. With a roundover bit, I went over the edges of bulkheads and seating surfaces to take the sharp edge off the plywood where needed. I quickly got the hang of things, and it went pretty quickly. With a short break to discuss the life of Mozart (don't ask), I was able to prep all the internal pieces of the boat that are to be coated with epoxy before the much-anticipated stitching step. Total hours 11.50.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete,

Love your blog! Especialy the total hour counter. I am thinking of building a passagemaker myself. I have a fair bit more woodworking experience than you do, but it sounds like you're going along just fine. Like you I started woodworking as an adult, so a lot of the joys and hassels you are going through are so very familiar!

I'll keep an eye on your progress and root for your success!

12:44 PM  
Blogger WBB said...

What on earth does Mozart have to do with a router?

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home