Monday, January 09, 2006

Stitch removal

As a child, I had more than my share of injuries and stitches. In fact, so experienced was I in the whole process that as a poor graduate student, I removed stitches after a mountain bike mishap from my chin myself, rather than return to the doctor for another visit for which I had no insurance. That experience came into play as I pulled the stitches from the transoms after two days of curing the epoxy "tack welds." They came out readily, and I didn't have to resort to the instruction book's trick of heating stubborn wires with a butane lighter to help remove any stuck in epoxy. Then with the transoms free of wires, I applied a neat fillet along the entire periphery of the joint. In a couple of hours, the semi-set fillet can be further smoothed with a latex gloved finger to make a nice smooth surface. Total hours 29.75.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home