Saturday, March 18, 2006

Boat trailer

I took an afternoon's break from boatbuilding to assemble my boat trailer. The thing came in three large heavy boxes, which included a couple of bags of nuts and bolts. Unfortunately, a critical castle nut was missing from the collection, and I am attempting to get a replacement from the company now. Since this is the nut that holds on one of the wheels, it is fairly important. The assembly was very straightforward, and went smoothly. In fact, I made a short movie of the process. If you have Windows Media Viewer, you can watch it here. The trailer looks reasonably sturdy, and a good fit for the Passagemaker Dinghy. I plan to use it as a cradle for the boat which will be slightly lower than my sawhorses. This should allow easier access to the interior as I install the rubrails and seats.

2 Comments:

Blogger OzzyC said...

I've always been a big fan of using video instead of strictly text or pictures... In the beginning, Greg and I used LOTS of video, which you can still see in my early posts.

I've got to say though, your video idea is much better than anything I had thought of to date. I like the time-lapse method you used. Awesome! I may just have to "borrow" that approach.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I could only imagine what you felt when you found out that an important piece was missing. It's nice to know that everything went smoothly when you were assembling it. How is it now? Are you still using the same trailer? Judging from the photo you shared, it really looks sturdy and will last a long time. Have a safe trip on your voyages!

Delena Millener

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home