Saturday, March 18, 2006

Rub rails

After bolting together the trailer, and taking a break to mow the lawn for the first time this year, I turned to the rub rails. These are strips of wood that were scarfed together on the first day of boat construction. Today, they finally join the boat. A small batch of cabo-sil epoxy was mixed up and coated on one side of the first of four strips. Each side of the boat will end up with a rail made up of two thicknesses of strips, laminated together. I don't have sufficient clamps for two sides, nor do I have enough hands to glue both strips in one operation. So I settled for the slow approach, doing one strip today and letting it cure overnight before adding the second strip. Total hours 67.25.


Post a Comment

<< Home